- 4 Slices of our plain or seeded Equii breads.
- 2 Small endives.
- 8 Ounces of cottage cheese.
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs.
- 1 Medium oven roasted red onion.
- Fresh flat parsley to taste.
- Finely chopped scallions.
- 1 Ounce of toasted pine nuts.
- Black pepper to taste.
- Maldon, or flaky sea salt to taste.
- Take the eggs out the refrigerator for one hour.
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan, cover with cool water by 1 inch, salt generously, add one teaspoon of white vinegar, and bring to a running boil over medium heat.
- Cover, remove from the heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Peel the egg under cool running water and cut in quarters.
- Peel and cut the red onion in quarters.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in an oven at 350F for about 45-60 minutes, making sure to regularly baste with the fat.
- Organically place the endive leaves, cottage cheese, hard-boiled eggs, roasted red onion, parsley, scallions, and pine nuts on the bread.
Alternative serving options:
- Replace the hard-boiled eggs by poached, scrambled or sunny side up eggs, and make it a breakfast sandwich.
- You can also use roasted shallots, pearl onions, tomatoes, or mushrooms.
- You can use a combination of cottage and ricotta cheese.
- Slightly rub garlic on your bread prior to building your sandwiches.
- A good hot sauce is a must!